For those history buffs, The Albert was bought by Young's in 1886. It was built in 1855 and named after Prince Albert.
The story goes that would be inmates of the old Kingston Workhouse, now Kingston Hospital, opposite the pub, would bury small amounts of money in the road side verges (now part of the pub car park) in order to gain admittance to the work house claiming destitution. The pub was altered in 1894 and again in the 1930s. When Kingston Hill was the main route from London to Kingston the household Cavalry used to stop here for refreshments for both men & their horses on the way from Buckingham Palace. Edward VII also stopped here occasionally on his way to Windsor. Our modern day royalty are our lovely doctors and nurses that do such a wonderful job in Kingston Hospital, over the road (It tickles us that we are known as The Albert Ward)!
There is lots going on in Norbiton, a hop, skip & jump away from Richmond Park, the largest of London's Royal Parks, summer is a bustling hub of activity, with cyclists, runners, dog walkers, sun bathers, kite flyers and more, all of whom are welcome to our pub for a well earned cool glass of Pimm's (or a simple glass of tap water & toilet break!) We even keep dog chews! See the link below for more details on the park, jogging routes & local running clubs (our particular favourites are The Hash House harriers-self named drinkers with a running problem?!)
We receive many calls enquiring about hotel rooms, short of building a couple more floors (which would not go down well with our lovely neighbours!) or booting the staff out who currently reside here (Tempting?) the best we can do is direct you to our nearest Young's Hotels bordering Richmond Park.